JOB DUTIES:mely manner.pastJJPROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
Family Support Services is a private, nonprofit agency that provides respite services to caregivers (birth parents, foster parents, adoptive parents, and relatives) of children who are abused, neglected, drug exposed, developmentally disabled, HIV positive or who are at risk due to issues of abuse. The goal of the respite program is to strengthen and support families caring for children with special needs by providing them with a break from the challenges of caring for their children.
· Provide for children’s physical care needs: toileting, diapering, feeding, bathing, grooming, etc.
· Plan and engage the children in age appropriate and developmentally stimulating activities.
· Utilize appropriate behavior management techniques including modeling, redirection, positive reinforcement, and other discipline methods that exclude physical punishment.
· Follows through on the routine or plan as stated by the family.
· Takes children out in the community as directed by parents.
· Maintains clear and professional boundaries with clients.
· Exercises good judgment in decision making situations.
· Utilize universal precautions routinely.
· Complete and submit all administrative and program forms accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely manner.