The Digital Biology Group is a multidisciplinary team focused on developing innovative products using our core partitioning technology. Our ddPCR systems have enabled scientists around the world to make impactful discoveries in the life sciences and healthcare. Our mission is to continue creating and providing new tools to scientists that will facilitate more discoveries and advances in research.
We currently have an opening for a Research Associate in the Product Development team, working on a novel ddPCR platform. If you relish the challenge of building new products and are passionate about the development of new analytical technologies, please reply to this job posting.
This position will be a key part of a team responsible for development of reagents associated with an advanced molecular biology instrumentation platform. The ideal candidate will have experience with molecular biology laboratory techniques, with an emphasis on PCR, foundation in relevant scientific knowledge, excellent people skills, curiosity, great written and oral communication, excellent organizational skills, the ability to meet timelines, and ability to function effectively within a team. A successful candidate will also be an independent thinker, can take initiative and ownership of relevant tasks, and the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- Plans experimental protocols with guidance from senior team members.
- Independently conducts well controlled molecular biology experiments.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Identifies and solves problems in experimental designs.
- Reports results from experimental analysis in writing and orally to stakeholders within the project
- Successfully interacts with various functional roles (including Marketing, Project Managers, Software Engineers, Computational Biologists, Biostatisticians, QA, RA, and Manufacturing).
- Continues to develop expertise and knowledge of applicable scientific fields.
- Completes tasks according to timelines and effectively reports progress.
- Adheres to established laboratory guidelines and safety criteria.
- Maintains well documented laboratory notebook.
- Maintains laboratory facilities and instrumentation.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related discipline (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, etc.)
- 3-5+ years of experience related to the targeted area of technical expertise (experience depends on education level).
- Fundamental knowledge of related scientific discipline e.g., biochemistry, biology, chemistry, and scientific literature relevant to the position.
- Advanced knowledge of experimental design.
- Experience with analytical molecular biology technologies (qPCR, rtPCR), experience with digital PCR a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with computer techniques and software used for data entry and analysis (Excel, Python, MatLab, JMP or other data analysis platform experience preferable).
- Strong organizational, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to learn rapidly, exhibit independent thinking, and troubleshoot issues at the junction between biology and technology.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
BENEFITS & PAY (COLORADO):
One of Bio-Rad’s strengths is the diversity of its people. That’s why we are proud to offer a benefits program that allows you to select from a variety of options to best meet the needs of you and your family. Bio-Rad Employee Benefits include FREE health insurance option, FREE HSA $, short and long term disability, 401k profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, education benefits, student debt relief program, and more!
Approximate base pay range of $70,000.00- $90,000.00
4% annual incentive bonus plan.