Part-time nurse to perform nursing assessments, complete care plans and assess for health and safety within the home and community based setting for adults in nursing facilities and community settings in Alameda County
Reports To: TCCM Director
Supervises: Case Manager I
Philosophy: An understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of inclusion, normalization and person-centered services.
Education/Licenses: Registered Nurse with active license and in good standing with the California Board of Registered Nursing
Experience: Preferred minimum of three years experience in assessments and care plan drafting
Special Skills and Knowledge: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to work cooperatively with clients, their social workers and other people in their lives. Ability to respond to nursing assessment or care plan requests within 48 hours. Knowledge of home and community based settings. Knowledge and experience assessing wounds,bed sores,etc.
Commitment: 2-3 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes nursing assessments as needed for various programs within the department in a timely manner.
- Writes letters of medical necessity, as needed.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions for care plans based on client needs and alerts TCCM Director and appropriate staff of client health changes, concerns and/or discrepancy in nursing charts as applicable.
- Independently sets a working schedule and coordinates directly with client/family/facility to set up appointments for assessment.
- Maintains confidentiality and abides by HIPAA
- Maintains professionalism when working with EBI staff, clients, nursing facilities, etc.
- Completes comprehensive case notes/billing by the end of the working day.
- Serves as clinical consultant to Health Homes Program staff (and other programs within department/agency as needed)
- Initiates assessments/intakes with various programs within the department (i.e., City of San Leandro, Care Connect, etc.)
- Provides direct services and carries flexible case load as needed.
- Provides coverage to the management team and supervisees as needed.
- Trains, supervises, and supports Case Managers (I), as assigned.
- Provides training on health education to EBI staff in various departments, as needed and approved by the Director/Executive Director.
- Completes EBI training curriculum and other required in-service trainings.
- Monitors and assists the Director in ensuring quality of service is being delivered to consumers.
Hourly Rate: $56.00 an hour (16-24 hours a week)
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities seeking to lead lives of meaning as part of their communities. We hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.