We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Global Real Estate, Facilities and Safety (GRFS) team as the Regional Real Estate Manager for the Americas and Asia Pacific Regions. In this role, you will support the global operational and strategic property activities associated with the business in the regions. Responsibilities include being an internal business partner, regional real estate portfolio management, regional site strategy development, and partner with global team to initiate and maintain strategic portfolio management programs and tools.
- Observe and evaluate the Americas and Asia Pacific Regions' real estate markets and establish short-, mid-, long-term strategy for the Real Estate portfolio closely working with the business leaders of the regions Work with Finance and Capital Projects team to provide Lease vs Buy Analysis.
- Negotiate all new leases & lease renewals in the region for extending the lease term ensuring the best possible terms and conditions which meet Bio-Rad's short- and long-term business needs. Lead the development of portfolio-wide performance monitoring, assessment tools and communication reports which address operational, occupancy, and financial considerations.
- Responsible for ensuring all leasing and renewal contracts meet Bio-Rad’s business and legal requirements.
- In conjunction with the position's own review of contracts, the Regional Real Estate Portfolio & Strategy Manager will coordinate closely with internal and sometimes external legal counsel, brokerage, insurance, tax, finance, business units and the larger Corporate Services organization.
- Will have the responsibility of developing and implementing uniform best practices and procedures for the region (Partnering with the Global Real Estate and Strategy Manager) that ensure that Bio-Rad continues as a world-class Real Estate & Strategy Management organization.
- Keep lease records, provide excerpts/reports to management addressing any upcoming leases, manage translations of leases closed in other languages than English, and manage indexations and other changes to any leases in the region while closely working with different support functions, such as Legal or Finance.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or Real Estate. Master Degree or Real Estate Certificate preferred
- Minimum 10 years' experience in real estate project and facility strategy planning.
- Strong knowledge of Real Estate portfolio management in international environment for various usage types, such as Office, laboratory, manufacturing and distribution.
- Experienced in all aspects of financial planning and management.
- Process orientation in managing the full real estate life cycle inclusive of planning, deal structures, project management and lease administration.
- Demonstrated ability in managing tactical execution while maintaining a strategic focus.
- Proven business and financial acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill in English and any other major language of the Regions; ability to convey messages to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- At ease working individually and in teams, and at all levels of the organization (internally and externally).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to influence, manage conflicts, solve complex problems and lead people and activities.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-TWAZ