- Responsible for processing and coordinating specialty referrals.
- Work closely with the referring providers, specialists, patients and families.
- Deliver excellent customer service while interacting with patients.
- Ensure all medical notes, referral information and required documentation is complete and submitted to the referral entity in a timely manner.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls and voice mail messages regarding pending referrals.
- Coordinate referral authorizations by faxing patient notes and labs.
- Following up with specialist offices to inquire about referral consultation notes.
- Document detailed referral information in electronic health record system.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of Protected Health Information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and referral knowledge.
- Ability to document information consistently, timely and accurately.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with people of various socioeconomic statuses.
- Working knowledge of personal computer applications and have the ability to type at a moderate speed.
- Knowledge of electronic health records a plus.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to address sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year experience with medical office duties.
- Employer paid health, dental, and vision benefits to the employee.
- Option to participate in a 403(B) retirement plan with employer matching contribution.
- Loan repayment programs for eligible participants.
- Partial educational reimbursement.
- 12 paid holidays.
- Accrued paid time off with each pay period.
- Employee discount programs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to have ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various parts of the organization. Requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Requires sitting and standing for extensive periods of time, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment for extended periods of time. Travel to other Axis health centers and other local travel will be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More information on Axis can be found at the following links:
Axis Community Health is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us for assistance. Link to "EEO is Law" poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf As part of our hiring process Axis conducts background checks.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, Axis Community Health reserves the right to modify or change the requirements of the job based on business necessity.