Department: Quality Department
Location Livermore, CA
Job Type: Regular
Position Type: Full-Time
Maintains, performs, and troubleshoots nutritional manufacturing quality standards and procedures. Food Safety, GMP and GLP must always be upheld to ensure standards and compliance.
- Reviews and releases raw materials
- Initiate laboratory testing of ingredient components in accordance with internal specifications and in compliance to 21 CFR Part 111and SQF.
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests; securing appropriate tests/reviews and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Maintains raw material release log, in-process, and retain records.
- Maintains documentation and responsible for the testing of new incoming raw materials per the Raw Material Screening Form and documentation aligning with Vendor Qualification program
- Conduct physical testing of packaging components in accordance with internal specifications and in compliance to 21 CFR Part 111and SQF.
- Evaluate incoming labels for compliance and release.
- Issue Quality Disposition of all incoming components.
- Monitor nonconforming materials in QC Hold and Exception Areas.
- Communicate details of non-conformances to internal parties, as needed.
- Lead Out of Specification meetings.
- Works with production to collect in-process and sensory for evaluation. Records in-process testing in computer.
- Assist with internal audits, line checks and inspections for cleanliness and whether GMPs are being followed.
- Create and review specification sheets and test results for raw materials. Files and keeps track of all documentation records as needed.
- Serves as a back-up for in-process and finished product testing.
- Assists with the Environmental Program.
- Assist in root cause analyses when non-conformances are detected within the facility.
- Assist in prioritizing, isolating, and resolving quality and process problems
- Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing process and quality system improvements
- Provides feedback to Quality Manager on matters concerning quality operations daily
- Perform internal GMP audits and support corrective action gap closures.
- Support batch records reviews and pre-inspection start-up documentation.
- Data entry into our packaging specification database system.
- Approve WIP (work in-process) by confirming specifications; conducting sensory, visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Perform other job functions as required by Manager.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in related field preferred
- Two to four years of related experience
- Prefer working knowledge of Chemistry, assays for analytical and contaminates, methods (USP/NF, AOAC, & ACS)
- Quality Systems experience: SQF, HACCP, ISO 22000, Kosher, Organic and other based systems
- Knowledge of FDA principals of HACCP Food Safety Programs, SQF Certification (GFSI) and 5S Process
- Knowledge of Food Safety and Food Defense along with Quality Systems knowledge
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MRP Software, preferably DBA Manufacturing
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis of data, laboratory instrumentation and troubleshooting, and laboratory analysis
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the Workplace
- Available to work overtime, various shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Why join our Protein Research Family
We are located in sunny Livermore, California, near the 680 freeway.
We are a family-oriented company that aims to balance work, family, and having fun.
We strive to be the best contract manufacturer of nutraceutical quality products to meet business partners’ expectations.
Protein Research offers generous competitive compensation and benefits package for all eligible employees that include 100% coverage for employee’s medical premiums (75% for spouse and 50% for child/ren), 401(K) match, 10 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and discretionary bonuses.