The Quality Control Technician position supports the testing and documentation needs of the Quality Control Department during the manufacture and release of Bio-Rad control products. This position will work both independently and in a team-oriented environment. This is a second shift position: 3:00pm to 11:30pm M-F
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot QC Laboratory instrumentation.
- Follow performing good laboratory practices and procedures.
- Order supplies and maintain instrument Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Work in a team environment and interface with other departments when required.
- Evaluate assay runs for accuracy and acceptability to Quality Control procedures.
- Enter results into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) as required.
- Job requires working side by side with the Quality Control Specialists in testing product at all stages of manufacturing process.
- 3+ years production or clinical laboratory experience, QC inspection experience preferred.
- AA or higher in science field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to follow standard procedures in a quick-paced, detail oriented environment.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills needed.
- Problem-solving communication skills needed.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and LIMS a plus.
- Clinical experience and/or medical technologist certification a plus.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.