Understand the requirements of each critical process and each product requiring QC release (i.e. PAPRS
for Value-Add Products).
• Create, obtain approval, and help implement critical Powermatic QC processes including:
o QC Visual Inspection
o QC Functional Testing
o Non-Conforming (NC) / Out-of-Specification (OO) Process (QF013)
• Determine, measure, and report QC KPIs.
• Utilize and support QC team members appropriately to support the above duties.
• Work closely with the Quality Head to address staffing and performance related concerns of the QC team.
• If challenges arise preventing effective discharge of above duties, gather pertinent information and alert
• The QC Lead also actively participates in the QC tests, including the following:
o Troubleshoot errors in cable builds.
o Test functional performance of assemblies, and parts under specified conditions.
o Ensure assemblies are built to specifications and that assembly instructions are completed at
o Verify parts used are correct to Bill of Materials (BOM).
o Ensure the drawings are adequate to use and that any red lines have the appropriate
authorization and approvals.
o Perform OBA (Out of Box Audits), when required.
o When needed, back up In-Process and Receiving Quality Inspector positions.
o Accept and reject assemblies based on prints, specifications, workmanship standards through
inspection & test.
o Create non-conformance report (NCR) per the documented procedures/work instructions.
o Complete first article inspection (FAI) and appropriate reporting
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment in line with company policy.
• Maintain reliable and regular work attendance.
• Understanding and adherence to the Safety Codes of manufacturing.
• Other duties as assigned, needed or required.