Bio-Rad is looking for a Project Manager I. This position is responsible for managing new instrument installations and customer training at Bio-Rad or at customer sites. Each instrument installation is managed as a "mini project" utilizing Project Management software/application for specific system installations. Installations are managed from receipt of PO and Installation Action List to installation project closure. This position also manages large scale installation projects such as National Accounts implementations, within the customer's specific timeframe and budget. Also manages instrument upgrades and other projects as needed. Responsible for delivering all projects/installations on time and on budget.
Note: This is a remote position.
- Manages customer new instrument installations (projects) from receipt of PO and IAL to project charter creation through project closure and assessment. Sets project team, goals, objectives and timelines. Prepares required documentation and tracks progress of project using Project Management software and applications.
- Manages certain complex instrument upgrades, specifically field resource coordination in a matrix environment.
- Coordinate training resources for three Bio-Rad training facilities and coordinate customer training including all travel and accommodations arrangements and securing required legal contracts and signatures.
- Coordinate and manage large installation projects within customer's specified timeframe.
- Provide back up to the current CDG Project Coordinator during absence to ensure coverage and continued support of installations.
- Create yearly customer and DSS training schedules.
- Manage other projects as needed/assigned.
- BA or BS degree, plus work experience in Project Management; Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- 2+ years’ work experience in a related field
- Strong customer service, negotiation, conflict resolution, project coordination, organizational, and time management skills, presentation skills, along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Visio and Project software required. Proficient in standard project management tools (e.g. Gantt charts, Smart Sheets) to document and communicate project plans and outcomes. Experience using SAP, SFDC, ServiceMax, and Basecamp preferred.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.