This is an exciting position that leads cross-functional teams through complex projects! If you are a highly proactive person who’s passionate about science, new product development, continuous improvement and actively working with teams to achieve business goals, this role will be exciting to you!
The primary responsibility of the project manager is to lead new product development and sustaining projects. The successful candidate will be able to partner with their project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality. A strong scientific back ground (preferably in diagnostics) and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory. 20% international and domestic travel will be required.
The Project Manager may be called on to work across sites and communicate to the top level management the progress of their projects. The Project Manager is accountable to ensure that the project is delivered according to expected time, quality and cost metrics - and ensure that throughout the project the right controls and governance are in place to ensure this. As part of the global PMO, the PL is also responsible for global PMO level activities for continuous improvement as defined by the PMO Manager.
- Creation, implementation and execution of project plans/timelines to achieve business goals.
- Creating and maintaining project records including project and design history files.
- Identifying potential project risk and guiding teams around potential obstacles.
- Managing critical path items and successfully removing team roadblocks.
- Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
- Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams.
- Ensuring appropriate project documentation is established to meet our QMS requirements.
- 3+ years as a project manager or as an active technical member of a project team; in a highly regulated industry such as clinical diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceuticals.
- BS degree in chemistry, biology or similar scientific field.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability.
- Must have a strong balance between science and business acumen with a deep desire to deliver business value to the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and change course with the needs of the business.
- Effective presentation and meeting skills within all levels of the organization and with a wide variety of external/internal colleagues and collaborators.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge of FDA/QSR and ISO 13485.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database).
- Six Sigma green belt or PMP certification; a plus.
- If you are a self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of working in a growth-oriented, global organization, and if your background matches these qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-BT1