North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
NWS demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an exemption, and associated accommodations if deemed available and reasonable, under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Infrastructure and Operations Directorate (I&O) has multiple openings for a LOTO CAP Project Coordinator. The successful candidate will provide advanced technical and administrative coordination of Lock-out/Tag-out corrective action plans (LOTO CAP), work planning activities, and coordinate the efficient use of manpower, materials, equipment, and time to ensure proper and efficient operation and adherence to security, environmental, health and safety regulations.
This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Analyze moderately complex data. Report results, identify problems, and plan projects to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Plan and conduct meetings where project concepts are translated into possible courses of action.
- Collect information, data and measurements as directed to support analysis and reporting of LOTO CAP operations.
- Serve as the point of contact for project subtasks with responsibility for corrective activities, from original design, planning/estimating, execution, inspection, testing, system integration and operations to ensure compliance with all applicable standards and LLNL ES&H requirements.
- Coordinate significant LOTO CAP projects and operations to ensure compliance with technical performance and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Provide frequent interaction with technical, administrative, and skilled trade personnel within the multiple organizations.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction and/or oversight in support of LLNL corrective action projects, planning/estimating/ inspecting.
- Provide highly advanced coordination to meeting corrective action project requirements and/or planning and coordinating the efficient use of manpower, materials, equipment, and time to ensure proper and efficient completion of program work.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience with significant related experience in construction and operations of facility systems or utility site infrastructure systems.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical or electrical design and installation standards and practices.
- Significant experience in the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of facility mechanical or electrical equipment and systems with a focus on managing and executing Integrated Safety Management or LOTO programs.
- Ability to identify, develop and effectively communicate recommendations to maintenance personnel regarding facility equipment LOTO activities.
- Significant experience developing documentation or instructions in support of safety activities.
- Significant experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment which includes engineers, technicians, and crafts, and advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, reprioritize and change programmatic direction depending on emergent requests.
- Ability to quickly learn facility processes and procedures.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Extensive technical and administrative experience for safety and LOTO activities and operations.
- Extensive experience coordinating complex projects and corrective actions to include industrial safety projects or similar activities.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.