Program Manager/Supervisor – Supported Living Services (Adults w/ Developmental Disabilities)
Hiring Bonus of $250 provided upon successful completion of 90 days.
Looking for a job where you make a difference? Join our team!
Since 1975, Serra Center has been committed to providing dignity, respect and choice to persons with intellectual disabilities.
The Supported Living (SL) Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of Serra Center's community-based Supported Living Program. The SL Supervisor supervises a caseload of 16 supported living clients who live in east bay communities in their own home and receive support in daily living skills from Serra Center. The SL Supervisor works directly with each individual served to develop an Individual Support Plan to meet daily living skills desires and care needs. The SL Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day supervision of each client's support team, fiscal management of each client's support contract, new client referrals and assessment, and overall program coordination and quality of services.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: An outgoing, positive person who will be passionately committed to ensuring quality living skills support to individuals with intellectual disabilities. A proven leader who works well with others in a team-oriented environment, is able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and possess the initiative and vision to grow and develop services. Strong case management skills and knowledge of community resources and public benefits is essential. A creative thinker with a sense of humor!
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in social services, social work, or related field. Professional experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- A minimum of four years program experience with an emphasis on case management, assessment and analysis; and at least two years of experience in a supervisory, administrative position.
- Prior experience in a non-profit environment working with the intellectually disabled population is preferred.
- Proven experience with program development, budgeting/fiscal management and marketing.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the operations of associated regulatory bodies: Regional Center System, Department of Developmental Services, Title 17 Regulations of the Health and Safety Code.
- A proven track record and understanding with managing applicable client benefits (Medi-Cal, Social Security, In-Home Supportive Services, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Proficiency with computers and electronic recording keeping systems.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and mileage reimbursement
- Flexible full-time, exempt schedules
- Full-time benefits: PPO or HMO Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension Plan (employer/employee funded), Employee Assistance Program (EAP),Paid Leave – Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- A friendly, professional and casual environment
To view job description: https://www.serracenter.org/careers
Job Type: Full-time