Under immediate supervision, performs routine support duties for child development services in Youth Services programs; assists children in activities; and performs related work as required.
COVID-19 protocols will be in place. Health Screening of staff and children will be administered daily. Alameda Department of Public Health and California Department of Public Health recommendations will be followed including wearing masks, social distancing, and respecting a safe cohort. Health and Safety training will be included in the orientation.
Schedule: Monday- Friday. Varied schedule, 6 hours per day.
Start date: June 7, 2021
Please submit a District application and resume online at https://www.calopps.org/livermore-area-recreation-and-park-district. Applicants who do not submit all required documents may not be considered.
Based upon all submitted materials, the applicants presenting the best job-related qualifications will be invited to proceed in the recruitment process.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, or currently enrolled in child development Regional Occupational Program (ROP).
- Experience working with children in a childcare or educational setting is desirable.
- Child development services, operations, and activities.
- Modern office practices, methods, computer equipment, and applications related to the work.
- Principles and practices for providing high level of customer service
- Learn policies, rules, regulations, operations, services, and activities related to assigned activities.
- Assist in maintaining the safety of program activities and participants.
- Maintain facilities and equipment in a clean, safe, and secure manner.
- Perform work as directed in an efficient, effective, safe, and timely manner.
- Make basic mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills, and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Completion of American Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and AED training within six months of hire and maintained throughout employment.
LARPD is an Equal Opportunity/ADA Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.