PRODUCTION TEST TECHNICIAN (Back Half Nights)
Re: COVID-19, FormFactor is committed to the safety of our employees. We have ample safety protocols in place, including social distancing, safety training and appropriate screenings for all on-site personnel and visitors.
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
Our Technicians work a Compressed Work Week (CWW). This means that each pay period you work three 12-hour shifts one week, and four 12-hour shifts the following week*. Per Oregon law, you will be eligible for Overtime Pay (1.5X Hourly Rate) for all time worked over 10 hours in one shift. Shifts available:
Back Half Nights: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, every other Saturday, 5:00pm - 5:30am
*These CWW schedules only apply to our Beaverton, OR locations
The Probes Test Technician is responsible for testing and validation of complex electronic and electro-mechanical systems. Our technicians work from schematics, diagrams or written and verbal instructions to accurately test and qualify microscopic testing products using electro-mechanical testing equipment. This role requires strong testing and data interpretation skills, including the ability to make both testing and mechanical adjustments based on data, the ability to derive, validate, and document component tolerances, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform electronic testing, adjustment, and functionality validation of probe test products.
- Perform inspection, cleaning, planarization, and electronic component validation using both manual, automated, and semi-automated processes.
- Perform physical attribute testing and adjusting such as flatness, honing, and texturing using both manual, automated, and semi-automated processes.
- Perform all technical duties of a Test Tech I as needed.
- Manage prioritization of testing process execution to maximize output based on product run, testing processes, and product due dates.
- Read assembly documentation and understand Bill of Material lists and assembly instructions.
- Perform simple math calculations to assess tolerance stack summation.
- Collect, organize and evaluate Statistical Process Control (SPC) data.
- Set up and operate specialized equipment per documented processes.
- Safely handle chemicals such as solvents and adhesives while adhering to all safety rules and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Associates degree or equivalent in Electronics, Microelectronics, Engineering, Math, Physics, Factory Production, or related subject.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience electronics testing and/or outgoing quality inspection and documentation or 2 years of experience in integrated circuit manufacturing processes.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an electronics manufacturing or testing environment.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience collecting, organizing and evaluating data.
- Working knowledge of electronics and component testing, such as circuit diagram analysis, voltage, current and resistance calculations, and circuit segregation and hand probing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience meeting aggressive deadlines and tight time frames.
- Demonstrated flexibility in balancing changing priorities in a manual process environment.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to read, comprehend, and execute complex work instructions.
- Experience with Microsoft products (Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods and work under a microscope.
- Able to wear safety lab equipment such as lab smock, hair covering, shoe covering, and gloves.
- Able to perform detailed visual inspection tasks.
- Able to work overtime as needed to support production schedule.
- Able to respond quickly in the case of an emergency such as a chemical spill, building evacuation or power outage.
- Ability to work continuously inside a clean room environment with chemicals while wearing protective clothing (Smock, Hairnet, Gloves, etc.)
- Ability to work at a microscope for extended periods of time up to 80% per shift depending on station assigned
- Ability to read work instructions and perform both written and computer documentation.
- Ability to push and pull 10-15 lbs.
- Ability to perform routine lifting of 6 lbs. materials.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.