The production technician is responsible for producing or supporting production of instruments or reagents products in compliance with established GMP procedures and ensuring products are of consistent high quality. Perform production activities and or provide support to production operation, perform ERP system transactions, and support training of personnel assigned to Production Department.
This position is eligible for a $1,500 HIRING BONUS. $500 first paycheck, $500 after 30 days, $500 end of assignment
- Bonus offered for a limited time only
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout · Bonus payout $500 first paycheck, $500 after 30 days, $500 end of assignment
- More experienced, knowledgeable and proficient with moderately complex manufacturing assembly and test procedures.
- Ability to test sub-assemblies and final test involving moderate complexity
- Follows standard established procedures closely and not expected to deviate from instructions.
- Interprets basics drawing schematics, wiring lists, bills of material and/ or written instructions to assemble, test, re-work and/or reassemble instrument units.
- Perform functional and operational tests on printed circuit boards based on applicable procedures and test equipment.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in using bench tools and standard electronic test equipment and mechanical measurement devices.
- Completes required documentation accurately and in a timely manner following Good DocumentationPractices (GDP).
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP/Quality System)
- May train colleagues on processes, methods and procedures.
- Performs basic troubleshooting issues, documents and presents to Manufacturing Engineering as required.
- Completes Non-confirming Material (NCM) forms as required.
- May be tasked with processing of customer return units including diagnosis and repair as required or per instructions provided. Assignments are generally defined and are normally repetitive.
- Attends to occasional non-routine issues in which a few clear-cut alternative courses of action exist.
- Decision making is limited and guided by procedures.
- Working knowledge of routine processes
- May perform preventive maintenance on machines and equipment including minor repairs and adjustments.
- Works with Engineering and R&D on component, assembly and software test validations.
- Supports new product Introduction (NPI) activities such as assembly, testing etc.
- Support product transfer for new or existing products.
- Trains colleagues on processes, methods and procedures
- Handles processing of customer return units including diagnosis and repair as required or per instructions provided.
- Performs troubleshooting on moderately complex issues.
- Documents and presents to Manufacturing Engineering as required.
- May work on First Pass Yield (FPY) data collection and analysis as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 0-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additional technical training/coursework beyond high school preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions.
- Ability to operate simple lab/test equipment
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.