Supervises front-line employees in a chemical/reagent manufacturing or instrument assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work to direct labor personnel, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions within established delivery, quality, compliance, safety, budget and cost standards.
- Supervises production assembly and packaging according to established processes, techniques and policies.
- Schedules, assigns and manages the daily activities of a team.
- Monitors employee performance and prepares and communicates performance reviews.
- Coaches and trains personnel in their duties.
- Assists in the development of documentation procedures.
- Responsible for meeting key metrics such as production schedules, quality standards, production yields, cost targets and the like.
- Monitors processes and makes adjustment to stay within schedule, budgets and established targets.
- Participates in a variety of standing meetings.
- Communicates priorities, performance results and objectives to team members.
- Troubleshoots production issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Participates on project teams as needed.
- Interviews and selects personnel
- Makes salary recommendations based upon individual performance
- Provides skilled technical and process guidance for resolution of production problems.
- Develops objectives to meet production requirements, quality standards, control scrap, cost and budget targets.
- Prepares operating procedures and standards that are reviewed by management.
- Provides input and assists with the establishing of annual budgets.
- Tracks expenses against budgets.
- Controls expenses.
- Addresses customer concerns.
- Work with employees on their development and career goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or related field.
- 5-7 years manufacturing production experience, preferably in a regulated environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Computer skills in relevant applications.
- Full knowledge of assigned products.
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of inventory management, demand flow technology, production processes and related technologies.
- Relevant certifications or training a plus.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.