Qualified candidates must have:
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, excellent command of the English language, and the ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact
• A strong work ethic and solid organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
• Experience copyediting and proofreading scholarly manuscripts with careful attention to detail and grammar
• Ability to work 15-19 hours per week remotely from one of the following states: California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington, or Wisconsin
• Experience working with and communicating with academic faculty, preferably scientists or engineers
• Strong computer and Internet research skills
• Proficiency in the use of Windows and MS Office; advanced MS Word and Excel skills are pluses
• Experience using Adobe Acrobat and the Pivotal database to track author and article data, prepare reports, and copyedit and proofread articles at AR is plus
• Experience as a Production Editor is a plus
• Ability to use close vision and color vision and to adjust focus
• BA/BS degree in the sciences, English, or a related field strongly preferred
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
If you possess the above requirements, please submit your cover letter and resume by applying online at:
Annual Reviews is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age (40 and above), military status, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact the Director of Human Resources at 650-493-4400 or by email at email@example.com and let her know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this phone number or email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click on each of the following through the job ad on our career website: (1) EEO is the Law Poster, (2) EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, (3) Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, and (4) AR EEO/AA Statement.