The Global Supply Chain’s Manufacturing team focuses on building high quality products for our customers in support of testing in clinical diagnostic labs and life sciences research. The Manufacturing teams are located in the Americas, Europe, and Singapore and produce regulated and non-regulated products that range from reagent kits to small and large instruments, plastics, and consumables. They also collaborate and work seamlessly with our supply chain to meet, and exceed, our customers’ expectations.
Join Bio-Rad and bring your leadership expertise to lead our Production Planning Team. This strategic role within a large biotech manufacturing plant is responsible for managing high complexity production scheduling (plant complexity as a combination of number of SKUs produced, Raw Materials, annual NPIs and regulatory complexity).
How You’ll Make An Impact:
As our Bio-Rad Production Planning Manger, you will work on tasks and projects that are both tactical and strategic in nature under broad general direction with significant autonomy to include:
- Independently determine and develop approaches to problems and solutions, present them to management and stakeholders to gain buy-in and execute on those solutions.
- You will make recommendations for include improvements in cost, quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for directly managing production scheduling individual contributors.
- Manage this business critical, strategic and tactical position that requires high level vision with the ability to execute tactically every day.
- Focus on effective management of the scheduling function, that will have a major impact on a plant’s ability to meet its production and revenue goals.
- Ensure that schedules are revised to meet changing or fluctuating demand requirements and/or disruptions in production due to material or labor shortages.
- Troubleshoot problems that impact the smooth flow of production and disrupt the established production schedules.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related discipline and/or a combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years manufacturing production experience, working in production scheduling preferably in a regulated environment.
- 5+ years of production planning and scheduling experience in biotech, biologics workstreams a plus and 2+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Strong analytical and proven problem solving capability along with demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions.
- Proven project management capability. Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills.
- Experience developing and building high performance teams across multi-departmental organizations.
- Advanced understanding of financial principles related to budgeting, variance and gross margin management, setting innovative performance metrics and standards.
- APICS CPIM certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with SAP and other manufacturing materials systems.
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, database software, internet software, manufacturing software).
Vaccination Requirement: Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
Benefits: Bio-Rad's biggest asset is its people, and the reason why our Total Rewards deliver programs that provide value, quality, affordability, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Our robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle. We’re proud to offer rich options, including no-cost medical plans, free HSA money, a new fertility offering with stipend, life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges, time off, ERG’s, and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $111,900 to $153,900 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-DD3