Oversees and leads all production processes and operations ensuring that they run reliably, efficiently and in accordance with the build schedules that have been set to meet the demand for finished products. Requires a close working relationship with planning, QC, manufacturing engineering, marketing and R&D management. Responsible for allocation of resources, adhering to cost, quality and budgetary constraints and standards.
- Hires, develops, mentors and manages Manufacturing Supv, Production Planner, Buyer, Warehouse Staff, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Develops labor standards, production processes and quality standards for new and existing products.
- Develops, revises, and enforces standard operationalproc edures and work practices.
- Develops/revises assembly/process layouts to meet production schedules and new product introductions.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares department budgets, salary plans, and capacity plans.
- Reviews production and operating reports to quickly resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems ensuring minimal cost and delay.
- Improves product cost structure by improving utilization and efficiency of direct labor.
- Maintains compliance regarding the use and storage of hazardous materials and DEA controlled substances.
- Recommends capital equipment improvements to enhance production productivity.
- Enforces quality standards for new product releases to mfg.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of lab and warehouse areas and equipment.
- Ensures timely maintenance and calibration of all equipment used in production, and manages validations of all equipment and processes required to maintain production
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or related field.
- 8+ years manufacturing production experience, preferably in a regulated environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-8 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Familiarity with SAP and other manufacturing materials systems.
- Effective communication skills.
- PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, database software, internet software, manufacturing software).
- Knowledge of and experience with chemical, instrument or facility production processes, and process equipment.
- Experience with hand and automated tooling and inspection gauges is a plus.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-CH1