Bio-Rad's PCR Production team is looking for a PCR Production Chemist II. The Production Chemist II is responsible for the fermentation, purification, and formulation for materials used in PCR Production.
This position is eligible for a $2,500 HIRING BONUS. 888.83 first paycheck, $888.83 after 90 days, $888.83 end of assignment
- Bonus offered for a limited time only
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout ·Bonus payout $888.83 first paycheck, $888.83 after 90 days, $888.83 end of assignment
- Purification of Enzymes using Duo Flow Columns or NGC.
- Preparation of buffers and bulks.
- Column Packing.
- Running SDS Page Gels.
- Protein Dialysis, Concentration (UFDF), and Formulation.
- Performs Cell Lysis, Centrifugation, Sonication, and Microfluidizer.
- Fermentation of cell paste used in the purification of enzymes.
- Setup, cleaning, sterilization, and operation of Biostat Fermenter.
- Experience with generating master and working cell banks.
- Sterile technique.
- Autoclaves materials for use in Production.
- Responsible for completing production documentation and maintaining quality records to GDP/GMP standards.
- Coordinate prioritize and plan lab tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Follows controlled Standard Operation Procedures/ documents.
- Able to initiate Quality Notifications (variances, deviations, non-conforming materials). Perform simple to moderate complexity Root Cause Analysis for Quality Notifications and make recommendations for Corrective Actions.
- Performs Process Order transactions in SAP.
- Performs in-process testing (pH, Concentration, Conductivity, etc.).
- Maintain clean work area/lab following 5S, dispose waste, lean manufacturing, and good manufacturing practices (GMP)/compliance.
- Execution of other tasks/assignments/projects as given by Production Lead/Supervisor/Manager.
- Trains other employees.
- Proposes and/or completes corrective actions to improve product quality or process efficiency.
- Attention to detail, good record keeping and documentation.
- Must be able to perform production data trending.
- Performs Production Order Variance review and makes necessary notations for process orders for Supervisors and Finance.
- Full Time 40hrs per week with Flexible/non-standard schedule outside of normal working hours if required.
- BS/BA in Biology, Cell Biology, Micro Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent years of work experience in a related field.
- 4 - 7 years work experience in purification, fermentation, and/or formulation.
- Experience working in a GMP or ISO 13485 manufacturing environment preferred.
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- Experience in handling hazardous Chemicals and/or biological hazardous materials.
- Ability to work in a product team and make decisions of limited scope, subject to review.
- Lead Chemist experience a plus.
- Be able to read and comprehend moderately complex instruction and conducts procedures accordingly and have good documentation skills.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices.
- Must be experienced in using ERP systems- SAP a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools – Excel and Word.
- Good working knowledge of laboratory environment, material, and equipment.
- Must be able to set-up and operate a variety of laboratory equipment and systems.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.