The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing family of software applications that help clinical laboratories worldwide to track their performance and support their efforts in accreditation which helps the labs provide accurate medical test results to physicians and patients. Laboratory technicians use this software to check the accuracy of their test results through internal statistical analysis and external comparison against peer results of laboratories throughout the world. The real-world impact of this software is to help doctors accurately diagnose patient problems and provide the proper treatment to patients, saving lives and improving the quality of life for millions
We are looking for a Product Owner who is a self-driven technologist passionate about building digital experiences for our diagnostic lab customers. You should be enthusiastic about delivering software that extends our world-leading Unity platform to the cloud and make life easier for our customers.
Product Owners (POs) provide leadership and direction to Agile teams, serving as the decision maker for how functionality surfaces in product areas and advocating for the user perspective throughout the process. POs work closely with Product Managers, UX, and Developers to deliver compelling products that exceeds customer expectations.
This position is for a Product Owner to join a team of capable POs that oversee QSD Informatics ecosystem that consists of multiple interrelated legacy and new informatics products.
As part of the Agile team leadership, the Product Owner is responsible for prioritizing, and maintaining the Product Backlog, including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria. You will be part of the product team that creates, evolves and executes the product vision and strategy with product road-maps that address customer and business problems and are aligned with the company's mission and strategic initiatives.
- Owns and prioritizes the product teams backlog
- Create capability/feature level and content road-maps to achieve a given set of goals and outcomes.
- Respond to stakeholder and user feedback by amending the backlog priorities
- Proactive collaborator with other leaders across functions to create a consistent and unified customer experience along the customer journey
We seek an experienced software product owner with a track record of consistently rendering clear technical judgment and demonstrated ability to take ownership, overcome obstacles and deliver on team commitments. Experience and ability to consider project-level issues providing leadership in product requirements as well as business and user needs. Key skills and qualifications include
- Bachelors degree in Business or computer science required, or equivalent work experience with 5+ years of technical product experience working in an Agile environment
- Product Owner role experience or equivalent working in an agile/iterative environment.
- Knowledge of QC in the clinical laboratory environment and competitive solutions desirable
- Experience in regulated health-care environments – medical devices or diagnostics systems and familiarity with medical devices, diagnostic lab data, diagnostic instrument connectivity, LIS, EMR and health-care applications ecosystems
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS preferred), IOT and Edge devices as well
- Understands how to translate strategy and product vision technical requirements into customer centric solutions and technical requirements that would deliver them
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the health-care industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.