In the Protein Purification Business (part of the Life Science Group at Bio-Rad), we provide scientific researchers with the chromatography tools they need to discover and purify proteins from the laboratory scale through clinical trials and into bioprocess manufacturing. With over 60 years of purification experience, we continue to expand our solutions to streamline the drug discovery and development process.
We are looking for a highly motivated product manager to join our team in the Protein Purification Business at Bio-Rad Laboratories. We work with scientific researchers to develop new products, internally manage the development of those products, create go-to market strategies to commercialize products, and implement global business strategies to ensure the success of the overall business. You will be developing product commercialization plans and leading all the aspects of the products commercialization activities. You will be driving the commercialization process and go to market strategy for new products.
You will design and establish customer engagement objectives, scope and activities. This role requires a strong product commercialization in life science, excellent presentation skills. Verbal communication and team working skills are must-haves, as this role will drive the commercialization of products and solutions for the research and applied markets, specifically with a focus on process chromatography resins.
A successful candidate for this role is someone with familiar with the biopharmaceutical process development using process resins, experience using VOC to develop new commercial activities for large scale manufacturing of purified proteins.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Work with product managers to drive the commercialization process for existing products.
- Work with new product development team to drive the commercialization process and go to market strategy for new products.
- Develop new sales tools for the products (playbooks, update existing content etc.)
- Serve the primary relationship manager for all aspects of commercialization activities: Primary speakers for conferences, seminars, and webinars.
- Continuously monitor the market landscape for competitors, trends that may have an impact on business.
- Work with other Bio-Rad other business units to develop new opportunities.
- Work with Process Chromatography business development manager to coordinate go to market activities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to have internal alignment on commercial activities.
- Lead on executing PCD business strategy.
- Quality management champion (address market needs in terms of quality documentations etc.)
- Work with product managers to evaluate customer trends from customer and technical support data.
- Execute solutions to these trends.
- Customer audit liaison.
- Customer quality documentation management- completion/ Biopharma internal website management.
- Manage the business SEO and SEM applications and optimize for website and collateral to increase traffic.
- Minimum BS in chemistry or similar field with advanced business (MBA) degree; or with appropriate life science business experience, experience in life science products commercialization is a must.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in life science products commercialization, past experience with chromatography products is preferred.
- You have experience in collecting voice of customer data and using it to develop applications for liquid chromatography and resins.
- Experience with biopharmaceutical market or related industry buying process is preferred.
- Experience working with SEO and SEM applications is preferred.
- You have or can develop relationships with key opinion leaders that can become product advocates.
- You are a strong communicator one on one, in groups, and with new people. Excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Highly customer focused individuals who can routinely inspire the larger organization.
- As a strategic thinker, you are exceptionally skilled team player, skilled in problem solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution, able to master complex scientific material and convey these concepts to others in a compelling, understandable manner.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.