Probe Head Assembler (C Shift) - Temp-to-Hire
Re: COVID-19, FormFactor is committed to the safety of our employees. We have ample safety protocols in place, including social distancing, safety training and appropriate screenings for all on-site personnel and visitors.
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
Our Technicians work a Compressed Work Week (CWW). This means that each pay period you work three 12-hour shifts one week, and four 12-hour shifts the following week*. Per California law, you will be eligible for Overtime Pay (1.5X Hourly Rate) for all time worked over 8 hours in one shift (24.5 hours of OT per two week pay period).
A Shift (front half days) - 6am - 6:15pm Sunday -Tuesday, and every other Wednesday
B Shift (front half nights) - 6pm - 6:15am Sunday -Tuesday, and every other Saturday (+15% shift differential)
C Shift (back half days) - 6am - 6:15pm Thursday - Saturday, and every other Wednesday
D Shift (back half nights) - 6pm - 6:15am Wednesday - Friday and every other Saturday (+15% shift differential)
*These CWW schedules only apply to our Livermore and San Jose locations, and include breaks and meal periods
- Follow production schedule
- Insert microscopic probes into multiple arrays of layouts.
- Assemble a probe head for a sub assembly on test equipment, using tweezers, microscopes and delicate hand tools.
- Ensure planarity and alignments are within specified assembly tolerances.
- Provide manufacturing information by responding to questions and requests in a timely manner..
- Identify and address potential areas in process for improvement.
- Use of various inspection tools, including microscopes, calipers and other inspection equipment.
- Provide technician support to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems to a successful conclusion.
- Interpret engineering documentation, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), deviations, specifications, and implementation of training on new processes.
- Visual acuity in working with microscopes
- Fine finger dexterity/ including grasping or pinching and a steady hand
- Availability to work overtime and weekends as needed to support production schedule
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, reading and writing skills
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodologies and systems a plus.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, or crouching for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Grasping or pinching and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Work area has fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends.
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.