Probe Head Assembler (All Shifts) - Temp-to-Hire
San Jose, CA
Re: COVID-19, FormFactor is committed to the safety of our employees. We have ample safety protocols in place, including social distancing, safety training and appropriate screenings for all on-site personnel and visitors.
Our Technicians work a Compressed Work Week (CWW). This means that each pay period you work three 12-hour shifts one week, and four 12-hour shifts the following week*. Per California law, you will be eligible for Overtime Pay (1.5X Hourly Rate) for all time worked over 8 hours in one shift (24.5 hours of OT per two week pay period). Shifts available:
A Shift (front half days) - 6am - 6:15pm Sunday -Tuesday, and every other Wednesday
B Shift (front half nights) - 6pm - 6:15am Sunday -Tuesday, and every other Saturday (+15% shift differential)
C Shift (back half days) - 6am - 6:15pm Thursday - Saturday, and every other Wednesday
D Shift (back half nights) - 6pm - 6:15am Wednesday - Friday and every other Saturday (+15% shift differential)
*These CWW schedules only apply to our Livermore and San Jose locations, and include breaks and meal periods
In this dynamic role, the Probe Head Assembler will support the daily production activities of FormFactor probe head assembly. The successful candidate will ensure high-quality planarity and alignment of probes in multiple arrays of layouts, that product meets with customer specs and internal guard bands, and on time delivery to the customer. The candidate for this position will be responsible for ensuring high quality.
- Follows production schedule and runs correct priorities.
- Inserts probes into multiple arrays of layouts.
- Assembles a probe head for a sub assembly on test equipment.
- Ensure planarity and alignments are within specified assembly tolerances.
- Provides manufacturing information by answering questions and requests.
- Identifies and addresses potential areas in process for improvement.
- Uses of various inspection tools, including microscopes, calipers and other inspection equipment.
- Provides technician support to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems to a successful conclusion.
- Interprets engineering documentation, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), deviations, specifications, and implementation of training on new processes.
- Visual acuity in working with microscopes
- Fine finger dexterity/ including grasping or pinching and a steady hand
- Availability to work overtime and weekends as needed to support production schedule
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, reading and writing skills
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodologies and systems a plus.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, or crouching for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Grasping or pinching and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Work area has fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends.
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment for compressed work week 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)