PRINCIPAL PCB DESIGN ENGINEER
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
We are currently seeking a PCB Design Engineer to join our team! This role collaborates with engineers and design teams worldwide designing and development of complex, detailed layouts of rigid printed circuit boards using Cadence applications and tools.
- Design and Layout High Density Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) using Cadence Allegro
- Design multilayer stack-ups (up to 76+ layers)
- Understand and Calculate controlled impedance, Strip-line, Micro-strip and Differential pair
- Route single ended and differential routes and length adjust to meet timing
- Sequential Lamination experience
- Place high density and high quantity (up to 10000+) of components
- Design Power / Ground planes and Power sensing
- Blind and Buried Vias
- Create and verify component decals
- Import of IDF and other Mechanical Design Engineering software
- Create and Export ODB++ manufacturing documents
- Experience with Mentor Valor a plus
- Experience with Autocad, or Solid works a plus
- Design and Layout Digital, Analog, and Mixed Signal layouts
- Highly sensitive circuits and shielding
- High speed signals and clocks (up to 5GHz and beyond)
- Generate and maintain Fabrication documentation
- Skill Scripting expertise a is a requirement
- Be an expert in the field, understand current technologies and emerging technologies in PCB manufacturing
- Work with vendors to bring up new PCB technologies
- Work on finding, guiding and qualifying vendors
- Work with internal R&D team on as required basis to help with development, PCB material, technology and methodology choices.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required
- 4+ years of PCB Design experience
- RF and MLO/MLC design experience is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Passionate work ethic
- Good communication skills
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.