Global Village Montessori Preschool is a quality preschool with a balanced curriculum that is well-liked by children, parents, and teachers. We have four locations in Pleasanton, Milpitas and Tracy.
Our teachers are passionate childhood educators and love being with children. We are looking for teachers who are kind-hearted and can provide a stimulating environment for the children. Our goal is to celebrate diversity and provide a comfortable environment for teachers, children and parents. We celebrate a number of events in the school from various cultures. Our teachers are well respected by parents and management.
Benefits include paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, 401k retirement savings account including company match, child care benefit, professional training and others.
Preschool classroom teacher responsibilities include:
- Create a warm environment for the children and provide guidance and teach the children
Plan, prepare and maintain units of study lessons, and 'works' (mini-tasks) and implement our preschool curriculum
- Sing along during Circle Time and maintain high-energy during the day
- Maintain individual student records
- Collaboratively work with co-teachers in classroom design, curriculum development, and materials exploration
- Implement developmentally appropriate best practices
Requirements for this position are:
- 12 ECE units ( Early Childhood Education)
- AMS or AMI Montessori training desired
- CPR, first-aid skills and 15-hour Health and Safety training
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with 2 - 5 year old children in a child development setting
- Must be able to provide references
- Must have fingerprinting, health screening and TB test
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
If you are interested and would like to apply please email resume to director @ gvmontessori.com and isha @ gvmontessori.com (without spaces).