DATE OPENED: April 2, 2021
DATE CLOSED: Until Filled
SALARY: Based on Experience
This is a non- exempt full-time position in our Maintenance Department. This position will require knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the plumbing trade; applicable state and federal health and safety code requirements; methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment; safety precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of electronic and mechanical equipment. Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal on grounds. Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing gas lines throughout the grounds.
· Installing or maintaining hot water heating systems
· Repairing sanitation systems
· Installing and repairing plumbing lines, pipes and valves
· Repairing and/or replacing broken and inoperable bathroom fixtures
· Clearing and/or unclogging drains
· Emergency repairs as needed
· Performing and taking regular water samples for submission to testing agency
· Maintaining water distribution system for potable water and grounds usage
- Other tasks as determined and required by management
The Alameda County Fair Association is a non-profit organization that manages the Alameda County Fairgrounds with over 3 million people in attendance at over 350 events held each year. Home to the Annual Alameda County Fair and public and private events including large consumer and trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations, picnics, weddings and other social events.
Alameda County Fair Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.