THIS POSITION IS SHORT TERM, MAX 1000 HOURS IN A CALENDAR YEAR
North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
NWS demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an exemption, and associated accommodations if deemed available and reasonable, under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC (LLNS) Supply Chain Management Department (SCMD) has an opening for a Procurement Card (P-Card) Analyst. Under the direction of the P-Card Program Manager, this position will assist in reviewing various types procurement card orders and transactions with varying degrees of complexity and compliance. The successful candidate will interact with Laboratory employees, Department of Energy, and other government agencies. Successful candidate will report to the P-Card Program Manager in Supply Chain Management.
This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
-Read and understand procurement policies and procedures to evaluate the compliance of the orders and transactions with various the policies and procedures, Laboratory requirements, and DOE/NNSA regulations
-Sort, Filter, Interpret, and Analyze data, gather information to identify compliance violations.
-Review documents and communications to assess orders and transactions using judgment to assess compliance.
-Clearly communicate and provide feedback via reports, email, or verbal dissemination the conclusion, corrective actions and resolution of violations.
- Develop new data analytics to help streamline the review process
- Perform all assignments in accordance with all applicable procurement policies and procedures ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conduct special analyses and provide staff assistance as required, perform other duties consistent with classification as may be assigned to meet overall organizational work requirements.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of basic procurement principles.
- Experience interpreting and applying standard business practices, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to anticipate, define, and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with procurement card holders and programmatic personnel.
- Intermediate to advance experience with common data analytics tools as well as the ability to learn new software.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience with P-Card program administration or compliance reviews.
- Education and/or experience in other data analytic tools (R Studio, Power BI, IDEA Analytics)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of federal procurement regulations, business law, and commercial business practices.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: P (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.