General Description Summary: DPIE is looking for an energetic professional to provide general office support for DPIE’s fundraising and programs, as well as our Enrichment Academy. You will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties to ensure the success of DPIE’s mission. Answer incoming phone calls and greet visitors to ensure they are directed to the appropriate staff member. Primary processor for accounts payable and receivables for the organization to be processed through QuickBooks, as well as payroll processing through ADP. Maintaining the DPIE website.
This position requires proficiency of MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion, independent judgement, and initiative on assignments. This position will report to the DPIE Academy Director and will work in the reception area of our DPIE offices. This is a full-time position with no benefits except sick leave and paid vacation OR a part-time position of 1-5pm with no benefits except sick leave.
Essential Job Functions:
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
- Team player to provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Events Manager, Academy Director and Academy Program Manager.
- Create, proofread, and process a variety of documents including general correspondence, agendas, memos, and reports.
- Act as receptionist; answer the telephone and assist visitors, providing information on DPIE activities; refer inquiries as appropriate.
- Work with and manage confidential information, requiring the exercise of considerable discretion, judgement, tact, and diplomacy.
- Responsible for accurate and timely accounting records in QuickBooks, including but not limited to reconciling and logging deposits, remitting checks, reconciling bank and credit card accounts, invoicing vendors, and recording payroll withdrawals, rent and tax payments.
- Coordinate check signers and communicate disbursement of funds.
- Assist in preparing financing reports to present at Board meetings.
- Setup personnel in ADP for payroll processing.
- Process payroll for STEM & STEAM Academy administration, faculty, and staff.
- Sort and file documents and records, maintaining alphabetical, index, and cross-reference files.
- Coordination of electronic filing system on Sharepoint.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Build and maintain positive working relationship with co-workers, Board Members, DUSD staff, community and local business, using principles of good customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of DPIE and the STEM and STEAM Academy.
- Book and reconcile facilities management for all STEAM and STEM activities.
- Maintenance of website for DPIE while supporting the Academy Program Manager.
- Distribution of Monthly Newsletter via email campaign and social media.
- Responsible for communication to STEAM and STEM academies for “general housekeeping” events and actions ie, Office closed, EDCC reminders, room changes.
- Assist all Managers when required on programs and fund-raising events.
- Become proficient in Active Networks to utilize the system to the best for DPIE.
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and professional demeanor.
- Passion for public education and the ability to support the Mission of DPIE.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Knowledge of websites, content management tools preferred.
- Accuracy and ability to focus on details is required.
- Understand and carry out both oral and written directions.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and general accounting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience organizing files, problem solving, and multitasking.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment, including professional correspondence, telephone etiquette, and public relations.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision.
- Exercises good judgement and discretion in analyzing and problem solving.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of all administrative information.