North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Computing Directorate’s Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division within the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Program has an opening for a Mobility/IT Customer Support Technician to provide customer service and support to the Laboratory’s institutional mobility program, including device deployment, troubleshooting, support, and retirement/management. The successful candidate will provide basic computer and software support, including non-complex operating functions, password resets, and loaner device appointment set-up and returns.
This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Provide basic customer support by answering process-related questions, concerns and/or technical issues related to mobile devices, desktop computers, and software.
- Provision and deploy mobile devices in accordance with policies and procedures, ensuring devices are properly managed and are functional for use.
- Provide basic technical assistance to the user community by assisting and/or troubleshooting customers and documenting the details.
- Provide entry-level hands-on assistance with device operation and rules for use.
- Assist with mobile device and computer system password resets.
- Assist in the property management process for all mobile devices from acquisition to excess.
- Serve as point of contact for the mobility loaner program and international service request by coordinating the device deployment/return process.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform computer support services while overseeing software updates, mobile device utilization, report generation, and process documentation.
- Determine applications requirements and manage small projects for user and computer operations control by analyzing user needs in relation to multiple complex database systems, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Provide intermediate technical assistance to the user community by answering calls, emails, support request/incidents, assisting and/or troubleshooting customers and documenting the details.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Associate’s degree in a Computer or Engineering related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing workload in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Basic experience with personal computers, software, and database systems with the ability to troubleshoot and solve basic technical problems with mobile devices and computers.
- Knowledge of electronics terminology, standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Experience maintaining clear and accurate records with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability providing customer service and maintaining professionalism.
- Knowledge of the skills needed for a customer support role, to include a focus on listening, rapport building, good communication skills, and courtesy and patience.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience and knowledge of administering, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing computers or mobile devices.
- Experience working with customers, addressing issues, and managing customer concerns and requests over the phone or in person.
- Experience updating policies and procedures or knowledge base articles.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and
work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability