We are seeking a motivated student who has a strong interest in the design, manufacturing, and sustaining of complex systems in the field of life science. Are you passionate about being part of a team that develops products to help make a difference in the world? Bio-Rad is looking for a Mechanical/Systems Engineering intern who gets excited about product development, prototype testing, data analysis, and systems integration. At our Boulder, Colorado R&D center, you can have big company impact while working at a small, nimble, dynamic, and fun site!
How You’ll Make An Impact:
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to develop mechanical solutions which enable next generation life science instruments.
- Assist senior engineers in the evaluation of microfluidic instrument assemblies through detailed analysis and lab experimentation.
- Assemble and test engineering prototypes alongside a diverse R&D team to validate research and correlate mechanical models.
- Perform root-cause investigations on systems and components to correct problems, and improve product quality and reliability.
- Generate and release engineering documentation (part and assembly drawings, installation instructions, test reports, etc.) to support the development and manufacture of world class life science instruments.
- Ensure high work quality, timely deliverables, and provide feedback to managers on process improvements.
What You Bring:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, or Biomedical Engineering (recent graduates will also be considered).
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative overall GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Demonstrated application of mechanical principals and theories to develop reliable, high quality systems -machine shop and/or electromechanical assembly experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of fluid mechanics (microfluidics a plus).
- CAD experience, SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Able to work for a minimum of 10 consecutive weeks.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Inspire collaboration, be a curious question asker, driven and self-motivated.
Vaccination Requirement: Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
Benefits: Bio-Rad's biggest asset is its people, and the reason why our Total Rewards deliver programs that provide value, quality, affordability, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Our robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle. We’re proud to offer rich options, including no-cost medical plans, free HSA money, a new fertility offering with stipend, life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges, time off, ERG’s, and more!
Compensation:The estimated hourly range for this position is $19.00 - $22.00 per hour at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.