We are seeking a motivated student who has a strong interest in the design, manufacturing, and sustaining of complex systems in the field of life science. Are you passionate about being part of a team that develops products to help make a difference in the world? Bio-Rad is looking for a Systems Engineering intern who gets excited about product development, prototype testing, data analysis, and systems integration. At our Pleasanton, California R&D center, you can have a big company impact while working at a small, nimble, dynamic, and fun site!
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to develop mechanical solutions which enable next generation life science instruments.
- Develop mechanical solutions by designing components, creating assemblies, procuring parts, and authoring assembly or operating instructions.
- Assemble and test engineering prototypes alongside a diverse R&D team to validate research and correlate mechanical models.
- Perform root-cause investigations on systems and components to correct problems, and improve product quality and reliability.
- Generate and release engineering documentation (part and assembly drawings, installation instructions, test reports, etc.) to support the development and manufacture of world class life science instruments.
- Ensure high work quality, timely deliverables, and provide feedback to managers on process improvements.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering (recent graduates will also be considered).
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative overall GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Demonstrated analytical ability and technical competency in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science areas.
- Basic understanding of fluid mechanics (microfluidics a plus) and heat transfer.
- CAD experience, SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Able to work for a minimum of 10 consecutive week
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Inspire collaboration, be a curious question asker, driven and self-motivated.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.