The Master Data Manager leads the Data Center of Excellence team. The person will lead a team of analysts that are part of the MDG Change requests and will collaborate with Regional Data Managers in implementing rules and data cleansing. The person will drive process standardization, improves data value and governance, and enhances the use of system capabilities. The person will collaborate closely with Regional Data Managers, business key stakeholders in determining rules on data elements focusing on maintaining excellent data quality resulting in minimal disruption to the business in their ability to transact. In addition, the person will be providing information as requested during audits.
This role assists in setting master data policies and strategies, and is responsible for developing and promoting global and scalable master data best practices. This person will be collaborating closely with Regional Data Managers and IT to ensure proper configuration to support data rules and standard business practice. These data practices will support the business goals of the company by providing efficient ways to capture, validate, organize, store, publish and analyze information with attention to streamlined processes and support, data integrity, security, and segregation of duties.
- Assists in the establishment and overseeing of global data governance policies and strategies, and ensure alignment and consistency.
- Leads the work activities and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of a team of Master Data Analysts.
- Monitors and assesses master data policies and practices.
- Develops an understanding of Bio-Rad’s data domains and their integration points and how IT systems are configured.
- Initiates/conducts root cause analysis for data quality issues through engagement of technical and business teams to identify, sequence, and implement solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Provides guidance to teams dealing with Data Management issues
- Engages Bio-Rad colleagues in pursuit of a company-wide culture of data ownership.
- Promotes and takes action to further SAP as the single-version of the truth for master data.
- Assists in the development and implementation of process controls and ensures team adherence through active monitoring and review of the team's work.
- Responsible for defining, developing, and measuring data quality analytics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Support data conversion, mapping, and integration of master data across enterprise systems in support of SAP deployments and M&As.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement programs for all data management processes and data quality initiatives.
- Stays current in master data industry trends and standards.
- Collaborates with Regional Data Managers to ensure proper Service Level Agreements are met.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 5-8 years of master data experience with 3 years in senior roles of data management.
- 2-3 years managing people and/or teams.
- Experience participating in ERP or Planning system implementation projects – SAP required.
- Business understanding on Procurement, Manufacturing, vendor and commercialization.
- Strong knowledge of master data management, standards, and organizations.
- Strong knowledge and experience in data process mapping and re-engineering.
- Strong Business Process knowledge with ability to connect data elements to end to end business processes.
- Strong ability to interact effectively and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work independently, adapting as necessary in a change oriented culture with multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadlines.
- Project management experience leading cross-functional projects.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong business aptitude, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working within an international organization, including multi-country or global implementation experience.
- Strong understanding of how data is used for reporting and transactional activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Excel and/or other tools used in industry.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.