Position: Manufacturing Technician
This position has numerous responsibilities included but not limited to performance of sputtering target bonding techniques, cleaning, packaging and internal quality assurance for all bonded assemblies. In addition to the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the metallization department sputtering system.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
Interpret work instructions and drawings to determine materials, tools and processes to use for each product
Perform the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of metallization sputtering system. This includes the preparation and quality assurance of coatings applied to sputtering targets and backing plates
· Preparation of sputtering targets and backing plates for metallization process
· Quality Assurance (tape testing) of coatings
· Knowledge of Vacuum System operation, maintenance and trouble shooting
Perform the technique of bonding metals, alloys and ceramics
· Lay-out and preparation of all bonded target assemblies
· Determination of bonding method for specific materials
· In depth knowledge of bonding methods (Indium, Epoxy and Elastomer)
· Cleaning and Inspection (Q.A.) of all bonded targets/assemblies
· Inventory control of all bonding department supplies
Perform inspection and documentation
General cleanliness and housekeeping of work area
Both individually and within a team setting, participates in continuous improvement efforts for efficiency, quality, and safety, to include offering suggestions, and support wherever possible
Mechanical knowledge is very helpful including operation of CNC, standard lathe and mill equipment. Vacuum system maintenance and operation is a plus.
Must be able to read and verbalize effectively as we have detailed drawings and documentation
Writing documents such as nonconformance reports, work travelers, and other reports
Requires mathematical calculations.
Knowledge of tools such as height gauges, Vernier calipers, etc. is important.
Knowledge of Period Table of Elements and have a basic understanding of Chemical subscrip is helpful but not required
Reasoning and Decision Making
Meticulous and detail oriented
Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people in a collaborative manner
Ability to work with “hot plates” and hot temperatures is a daily requirement
No known allergies to metals, ceramics or epoxies
Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
Standing for long periods is expected
Metallization and Bonding Department and General Shop Areas
Successful candidate will be a self-starter with broad base experience. We are willing to train a qualified candidate. The candidate needs excellent work ethics and attendance. The person takes great pride in his/her level of workmanship. The candidate must be willing to learn and cross train in other aspects of our operations including Shipping/Receiving, packaging, etc.
Salary – DOE
Full Time Benefits:
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Sick Time
· 10 Paid Holidays
· Annual Bonus Program (Conditions Apply)
· SEP (Simplified Employee Pension Plan) Employer contribution to employee retirement after one year of employment (Conditions Apply)
· And many more