Bio-Rad is looking for an Engineer to support the manufacturing plant that produces process chromatography resins, liquid buffers, monomer solutions, oils, and other specialized life science products. The individual will be part of the Manufacturing Science and Technology group that consists of a multidisciplinary team of Scientists and Engineers working on developing innovative technologies and continuous improvement projects for the chemical manufacturing site. In this role, you will be part of an entire product development cycle, from early proofs-of-concept to detailed design and validation.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will have independent projects and be part of team projects that support current and future business needs. Your projects will include optimizing current processes and equipment and supporting future growth. You will also support other departments on site via troubleshooting equipment and process issues using your engineering knowledge, research, root cause analysis, and using continuous improvement tools. Equipment includes glass-lined reactors with heating systems, semi-automated fill lines, air classifiers, wet sizing units, inline mixing systems, and semi-automated dispense systems among various others.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
- Lead development of innovative manufacturing processes solutions and capabilities including process definition, startup, and qualification.
- Collaborate with R&D, PMO, and Marketing on NPI roadmaps; develop plans, and design experiments to enable new products via manufacturing technology and process development.
- Support day to day manufacturing and maintenance processes ensuring site can achieve business goals, and also author and review URS, IOQ validation documents, and work instructions.
- Participate in the master plan for business continuity and expansion strategy via individual and team projects.
- Will be a member of the process safety management team responsible for auditing, maintaining, and improving the process safety and reliability of the site.
What You Bring:
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience, including the development of new manufacturing processes, acceptance testing, startup, and qualification.
- Demonstrated record of delivering innovative manufacturing solutions, Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing, leading failure analysis investigations and resolutions, and cycle time reductions for high complexity manufacturing processes.
- Able to independently manage multiple cross-functional projects while adhering to ISO 13485 requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the product and process design by proposing improvements and justifying with data.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills, able to collaborate with multiple teams on complex projects spanning multiple technologies.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges and support, paid time off, Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s), and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $111,900 to $153,900 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-TWAZ