The Maintenance Associate II is responsible for the cost effective operation and maintenance of Bio-Rad Laboratories facilities and equipment in accordance with governmental and company requirements.
How You'll Make An Impact:
- Assures installation and calibration of equipment in accordance with manufacturer's requirements prior to operational qualification.
- Maintains validated plant utilities and equipment in the qualified state of controlled operation.
- Troubleshoots and repairs plant/production equipment in the event of a system failure.
- Assures facilities appearance and efficacy are maintained to Bio-Rad and governmental standards
- Coordinates and directs the providers of contracted services such as cleaning, security, and periodic maintenance.
- Participates in the 24 hour on -call rotation within the Facilities Departement.
- Must be customer service oriented
What You Bring :
- High school/trade school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Two + years previous related experience sufficient to perform thoroughly and competently the full scope of responsibility of this position.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in the elements for extended periods of time. Involves sitting, standing, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Noise level is typical of manufacturing environments. Requires working near and on mechanical parts and may be exposed to chemicals and risk of shock.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, routinely lifting 10lbs. or more.
- Boiler operator’s license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year. (Minimum 4th class - fireman).
Vaccination Requirement: Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance.
Compensation: The estimated base pay range for this position is $24.18 - $33.26 per hour at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.