SUMMARY: Entry level position with have basic knowledge of equipments. Machine Operator I must be able to setup, operate, and troubleshoot at least one equipment in a production line. In addition, Machine Operator I will be required to fill up forms and perform reconciliations with some supervision.
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons:
- Assembles and disassembles a machine
- Sets up and operates main filling machine
- Makes minor adjustments and finetuning
- Sets up secondary equipments such as printers, checkweighers, x-rays, metal detectors)
- Understands handling and storage of heavy and delicate machine parts
- Understands and follows production and sanitation processes
· High school diploma, one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Able to fill-up forms, weights, and line checks with legible handwriting
· Must possess basic math skills
· Must be able to convert between grams, kgs. and lbs.
· Must be able to convert weight to packaging unit (e.g., from kgs to packets or kgs to capsules)
· Must be able to calculate percentage yield/loss
· Must possess basic mechanical skills
· Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods preferred.
· Committed to excellence and high standards
· Must possess strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills, and mechanical aptitude
· Pays strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and complete paperwork as needed
· Must be versatility, flexibility, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Must possess good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Has the ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
· Has the ability to understand and follow all safety requirements and cautions
· Has the ability to perform the physical labor necessary to complete the job
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Bilingual skills a plus.
· Forklift certified a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Ability to operate a hand truck, forklift, and pallet jack.
· Walk, kneel, squat, bend, stand and climb stairs.
· Reach, twist, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Grab, grasp and use fingers and hands to push buttons and operate machinery
· Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Total amount of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool/hot and noise level can be moderate to high.
· This position is required to wear common protective and/or safety gear, i.e., gloves, face mask, hairnet, uniform, etc.
· This position is exposed to small particles, odors, and allergens.