GeoJango Maps is looking for a creative, organized, and analytical person to help us coordinate our operations. In this position, the candidate will be organizing our records for production, ensuring special requests in our order are logged, provide administrative support to the CEO and coordinate with our teams to create an excellent experience for our customers and staff.
Prior experience in working with data entry, customer service, video production, photography, Social Media are helpful. The position can expand with initiative to take on more responsibilities.
This position is for working at our office in Pleasanton, CA. Physically being at our office is essential for getting to know our products, brand, team, goals, and values.
About GEOJANGO MAPS: we are an innovative mapping company that produces small to large scale wall maps for businesses, restaurants, hotels, and residential customers across the USA. Purchasing a map is a happy sale for our customers and we like to make an exceptional experience for them.
Our products are used as educational, travel, and referencing material. Education and the pursuit of knowledge is a core part of our business. These are key values that are also looking for in our team members.
Production Intern Responsibilities:
- Understand our products, market, and audience by being constantly engaged with our Operations and Marketing Team to fine tune your skills to produce high quality workmanship.
- Data Entry for orders and shipping
- Assembling materials and inserts for our products
- Measure, inventory, and organize materials
- Organize and clean production area
- Create and design content including graphics, typography, and videos
- Coordinate with our Production, Operations, and Marketing teams
- Assist in other areas as needed.
- Accurate data entry and good typing skills/speed
- Excellent organization skills and has attention to detail
- Excellent initiative skills - figures out what is needed or our operations and focuses on priorities
- Excellent communication skills - pleasant and engages in communication to all staff.
- Excellent writing, punctuation, grammar, and spelling
- Social Media skills is a plus: Position can expand with experience in social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Graphic Design or Photography skills is a plus: Position can expand with knowledge in any of these areas graphic arts, photography, videography
- Ability to lift 40 pounds (typically boxes of marketing material).
- Obsessed with being an expert in your role
- Positive & ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Creative thinker and designer
- Problem solver (rather than a problem identifier)
- Commitment to expanding your skills and responsibilities. We would like a candidate that is eager to take on additional responsibility, has initiative and grows with the company.
- Fast learner who is self-motivated and takes initiative to learn on their own and make improvements
- Team worker and helpful with co-workers
Hours: This position is for 20 hours a week in our map studio. The hours depend on your skills and ability to take on more roles.
Our office is located in Pleasanton, CA and is ideal for someone in the Tri-Valley area.
Compensation depends upon experience, demonstration of initiative in your education and social media skills and improving your skills in a previous position.
Location: Pleasanton, CA
- We offer a fantastic office and create environment for your work.
- No location assistance is provided.
- This position is NOT suited for remote work or consulting work.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. REQUIRED Online Reference: Please provide a link to your LinkedIn page and examples of your social media pages so we can learn more about you.
2. Resume: Please provide resume in PDF format. (NO other format is accepted)
This position is a PHYSICAL position. DO NOT APPLY if you are not able to easy commute and work at our office.