Frozen Lead oversees and supervises all operations of the Frozen Department.
This includes: ordering, receiving, stocking, inventory control, budget control, labor standards, net margin objectives, opening standards are being achieved on a daily basis. Responsible for assisting the Store Manager and Owners in the effective day-today operations of the store.
- Assuring the Frozen Department is completely ready for customers
- Ordering of all products essential for growth and profitability in the Frozen department
- Inventory levels and budgets to be reviewed frequently with store management. Utilize technology, tools and reports to effectively order merchandise to maximize sales
- Controlling Shrink. Accurately receive and price all produce. Do not accept produce that does not meet our standards. Record any markdown and mark-up at the time of price change. Make sure all receiving documents are placed in proper location at time of receipt.
- Product Placement. Items will be displayed and located to optimize sales growth. Group produce items by category, placed in neat rows or creative stacks to demonstrate freshness.
- Productivity: As a department manager, you are expected to “LEAD BY EXAMPLE”. All managers set the pace of the store. You are expected to enforce “productivity standards” established by your department. Assuring everyone is working fast, expeditiously, in an accurate manner while paying attention to detail, is critical to our success.
- Product Safety and Freshness. All items should be check as needed for spoilage or code dates. Properly report and track all stolen merchandise or distressed merchandise to control shrinkage.
- Attendance is extremely important for you and the management team to do their jobs. Leading by example is critical.