The Legal Operations Supervisor plays a key role in providing operational and functional support to achieve the Legal Department’s goal of offering best-in-class legal services to the Bio-Rad community. This position will ensure operational excellence for the Legal Department by focusing on driving efficiency and productivity; managing the Legal Department budgeting and bill-paying processes; assisting in implementing technology to automate processes; improving knowledge sharing and communication in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure; building Department connectivity and esprit de corps through Department meetings, team-building activities and celebrations; remaining flexible, proactive, calm, resourceful and efficient. This position requires a foundational knowledge of legal operations tools and platforms; financial systems acumen; proficiency in Excel and other Office 365 tools; professional demeanor, sense of urgency, results- focus, and the ability to keep sensitive material and conversations strictly confidential.
This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent decision-making ability and attention to detail. The ability to build strong relationships with the various functions within Bio-Rad including finance, procurement, enterprise information services and other operational groups is also essential.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
Reporting to the EVP, General Counsel, some of the responsibilities of the Legal Operations Supervisor will include:
- Provide critical Legal Operations Oversight including; department scheduling and planning, legal assistance request response, updating the Legal intranet site, and working closely with the General Counsel on various department matters.
- Provide critical organizational support including; assisting with the creation of documents and slide decks related to organizational initiatives, Department presentations and training activities, monitor and track organizational projects and goals, and assist in managing Board materials.
- Ensure complete and timely budgeting for legal expenses, including managing the accrual process, setting up new law firms in SAP; managing the e-billing process and ensuring that legal invoices are paid on a timely basis.
- Lead Department technology initiatives including AI, contract management, e-billing and automated contracting tools. Administer all Department technology tools; including providing support, training, user access, and classifying document information.
What You Bring:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- Work Experience: 5+ years’ experience with corporate legal operations required. Strong functional legal knowledge is required.
- Candidate must be capable of independent action, executive thinking, able to interact with in-house counsel and senior executives on a peer-to-peer basis, understand implications of work and be prepared to make recommendations for solutions and/or other improvements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to suggest appropriate resolutions. Passionate about testing new ideas and innovating to drive results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and solid attention to details. Ability to regularly engage with active listening and patience.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and independently determine priorities.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; Ability to maintain a positive attitude, be approachable, service-oriented, poised and professional.
Location: Bio-Rad is pleased to offer the flexibility of a Hybrid Work Environment for this role, 3 days onsite, 2 days remote, working out of the Hercules, CA office.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance.
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $99,700 to $137,100 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.