Lamination Production Technician
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Lamination Production Technician will be responsible for partnering with engineering to execute the manufacturing transfer of the MLO lamination line. They will be responsible processing all Lamination work orders, partnering with engineering to troubleshoot process problems, consulting with engineering on the development of work instructions, and training additional Lamination production technicians.
The Lamination Production Technician will also work in the fab clean room area to process thin film substrates, non-lamination, to meet production schedule. This role tracks the product through the process and development cycle, including setting up and operating equipment, following process, using photolithography and having a high attention to detail to ensure a high quality product is produced for customers. All production technicians must multi-task and oversee multiple processes and equipment simultaneously.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing metal etching of substrates
- Conducting final inspections of substrates
- Performing metal plating of substrates
- Perform all duties of Tech 1 & 2 as needed
- Attain subject matter expert level and train other technicians in at least one fab department as required.
- Author and edit process instructions.
- Identify and implement process improvement.
- Set up and operate equipment
- Collect, organize and evaluate statistical process control (SPC) data
- Follow complex system driven commands and processes.
- Safely handle chemicals such as solvents while adhering to all safety rules and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Associates degree or equivalent in Electronics or Microelectronics required, Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a fab or semiconductor manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the operation of complex mechanical equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with strict safety procedures and safely handling chemicals.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience collecting, organizing and evaluating data.
- Ability to be certified in all Fab Process Tech 1 & 2 duties within 180 days of hire.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership or training.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.