Making Members Stronger, Physically and Mentally
Those aren’t just words on paper, they’re words we live by. Our mission at 9Round is Making members stronger in 30 minutes, physically and mentally. We’re dedicated to enriching people’s lives through our kickboxing fitness program, and our team is the most important part of making our mission a reality.
9Round was founded in 2008 by Shannon “The Cannon” Hudson, a World Kickboxing Champion, and his wife Heather “The Hero” Hudson, an avid fitness enthusiast. Since then, the kickboxing-fitness franchise has been delivering fast, effective, full-body workouts to members of local studios in the US, Canada, and across the globe. 9Round continues to gain popularity as people search for a fast and fun workout that they don’t have to schedule their lives around. With an instructor facilitating each workout, 9Round is able to ensure that each session is effective for every member at every fitness level.
Join Our Team as a Kickboxing Fitness Trainer
Do you want to help people grow stronger every day? Join our high-energy team that empowers members to live better lives through kickboxing-fitness, accountability, and community.
• Greeting members with energy and enthusiasm as they come into the studio
• Delivering the pre-defined Daily Workout to members, as written by 9Round Corporate Office
• Providing personal attention to all members
• Proficiently explaining and demonstrating the exercises for each part of the Daily Workout, which include kickboxing, weighted, and functional exercises
• Motivating and encouraging members to reach their fitness goals
• Understanding our PULSE heart rate technology
• Maintaining an excellent level of customer service
• Cleaning and tidying the facility, including the workout space, administrative and lobby area, and bathroom/changing rooms
• Performing administrative duties such as handling telephone inquiries, responding to messages, and ensuring members are properly checking into the studio
• Completing other duties as requested, such as participating in marketing events, following up with potential members, troubleshooting and submitting tech support tickets, etc.
Education and Experience
A full training program is provided for this position. The following skills and qualifications are preferred, but not mandatory.
• AED/CPR certified
• Personal Training Certification
• Group Fitness Certification
• Martial Arts, boxing, or kickboxing experience
• Customer service or sales experience
• Prior work history
Key Success Factors
• Love for health and fitness
• Passion for helping people work toward their goals
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Excellent communication skills
• Enthusiastic, outgoing, warm manner
• Professional, well-groomed presentation
• Ability to multi-task
• Thrive in a team environment