Bio-Rad is looking for an Instrument Assembler that executes a variety of tasks that includes receipt and verification of materials, calibration and operation of equipment, dispensing or packaging dry and/ or wet products, capping and torqueing of bottles, assembly of components and kits, performing calculations, and completing required documentation following Good Documentation Practices.
This position is eligible for a $1,500 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Performs basic manufacturing tasks and basic maintenance of semi-automatic and/or automated assembly equipment and tools for both instruments and consumables.
- Performs calibration and operation of equipment, dispensing or packaging of dry and/ or wet products, capping and torqueing of bottles, assembly of components and kits, performing calculations.
- Verifies required materials against the process order and prepares work area for production operation.
- Strictly follow work instructions to execute production tasks.
- Performs in-line quality inspection and weighs finished products to confirm it meets specifications.
- Inspects product using visual, automated, electronic and mechanical inspection procedures.
- Performs line clearance.
- Completes required documentation in an accurate and timely manner following Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Ensures scrap and waste are disposed of properly.
- Operates motorized and non-motorized equipment to move materials, supplies and equipment as instructed.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP/Quality Systems).
- Complies with 5S requirements.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Basic troubleshooting as needed.
- Completes and maintains quality records.
- Cross trained on 1-2 production lines.
- Strictly follows PPE procedures.
- Monitors and maintains inventory at their work areas.
- Keeps supervisor appraised of any abnormal production issues.
- May work on different shifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, to write, to comprehend, and follow written instructions.
- Basic math, problem solving and computer skills.
- Transaction in SAP experience, a plus.
- Experience operating manual, semi-auto and automatic production machinery, preferred.
- Utilize basic technical skills to troubleshoot equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Team player/ flexible/ attentive to detail and quality minded.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with overtime and weekends as needed.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.