Who are we?
PABCO® Gypsum, a division of PABCO® Building Products LLC, has provided quality gypsum board products and service for over 35 years. PABCO® Gypsum supplies a complete line of gypsum products for commercial and residential construction.
Here at our Newark location, we make Gypsum Wallboard. Your job as a Lab Technician is responsible for testing raw and finished materials to verify they meet PABCO’s specifications.
Why you want to work for us!
· Competitive Wages & Salaries
· On the Job Training
· Work Shoes Reimbursement
· Promotional Opportunities
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Profit Sharing & 401(k)
· Life Assistance Program
· Paid Holidays
· Vacation & Sick Leave
· Family Owned Compassionate Workplace
What’s the work Schedule?
Typically, 6 am – 2:30 pm with weekend scheduling. Flexibility required for Overtime and Weekend Shifts.
What’s the Job?
- Inspects products for defects.
- Reviews previous shift’s analysis for irregularities.
- Performs tests on products.
- Reports test results to Supervisor.
- Decides whether product is satisfactory to sell or must be scrapped.
- Advises supervisor and maintenance to adjust machinery when needed.
- Identifies and corrects problems and communicates to the Manager.
- Orders all lab supplies and production supplies related to testing.
- Performs analysis on products of complaints received.
- Reviews all plant production paperwork.
- Responsible for all computer lab software and hard files.
- Calibrates all laboratory equipment.
- Fills out and files paperwork daily.
- Operates computer, calculator, microscope, scales and any other laboratory equipment required to perform duties.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains work area according to plant standard for safety, efficiency, and cleanliness.
- Abides by all safety rules set forth by company and government regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- All other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
You and your experience:
· Some college education with lab experience
· Lift and/or move 60 pounds and more
· Regular attendance is required
· Ability to collect, input and interpret data information
· Required to operate a computer plus related software, including Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.
What puts you ahead:
· Chemistry Lab experience
· Manufacturing experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.