Bio-Rad's Procurement team is looking for a self-starter that can think strategically to identify and execute sourcing opportunities. The candidate will have experience analyzing purchasing data, collaborating with stakeholders, managing sourcing events and negotiating contracts. A plus would be experience implementing various digital purchasing solutions (punch-out, catalogs, automation, BOTs, etc).This position could be supporting any category of spend but will primarily work on facility related services and goods.
- Negotiates key, large volume high impact supplier agreements.
- Resolves escalated supplier issues and complaints.
- Implements value improvement opportunities.
- Develop procurement strategies that help achieve Global Supply Chain goals that are in alignment with Global Commodity Strategies.
- Implements Global strategies at Regional level to increase supplier performance, capability development, capacity management, and cost/quality improvements for supply chain vendors.
- Manages escalated supplier reviews and delivers supplier performance and metrics to upper level management.
- Develops supply chain risks mitigation plans.
- Serves as Project Manager on cross functional projects.
- Serves as advisor to functional decision makers and budget holders about their spend.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
- 8+ years’ experience in Procurement with at least 2 years in sourcing capital equipment or professional services.
- Experience sourcing vendors and negotiating large highly visible contracts.
- CPM and/or CPIM certification is strong desired.
- Advanced knowledge and application of the principles and theories of procurement and supply chain.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint).
- Advanced oral and written communication skills. Confident negotiator. Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Able to interact within all levels of internal management and supplier levels of management. Capable of giving clear directions to teams and suppliers.
- Strong ability to influence internal stakeholders.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-LL1