General Description of Responsibilities:
Under direction of the Task Order Manager, will provide HVAC Preventive Maintenance (PM), repairs, and support for all assigned facilities/areas.
- Maintain, repair, and replace various mechanical, electrical and electronic components; including compressors, motors, heaters, pumps, fans, ducts, pipes, switches, etc.
- Must be able to diagnose and correct problems throughout the entire system by adjusting controls to recommended settings and testing the performance using necessary special tools and equipment.
- Receive, investigate, evaluate, and complete work orders as assigned by supervisor.
- Interact professionally with customers, subcontractors, vendors, and corporate staff members.
- Maintain effective working relationships in cooperation with the Chugach management team to meet the mission objectives.
- Read, interpret, and follow blueprints, design specifications and manufacturers instructions to install compressors, motors condensing units, evaporators, piping and other HVAC components.
- Knowledge of National and local HVAC and Electrical codes.
- Inspect and diagnose problems to determine corrective repairs.
- Keep supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered to include safety matters.
- Obey base safety regulations and security protocol to include wearing a badge or government ID and a Chugach shirt or T-shirt for easy identification at all times.
- Plan, organize work, and meet all deadlines for preventive maintenance and service calls.
- Material Coordination: Coordinates with trade’s personnel in the identification of proper and correct materials, parts assemblies, and requirements for a variety of requisitions.
- Respond to routine and emergency site maintenance calls in a timely manner and as required.
Job requirements, Mandatory:
- Perform maintenance, repairs, replacement, and modernization of a variety of HVAC systems to include heat pumps, packaged unit, split systems, and Direct Digital Controls (DDC) in order to achieve regulated climatic conditions.
- Have minimum four (4) years of experience as a journeyman level HVAC Technician.
- Proficient in the use of HVAC instrumentation, hand, and power tools.
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC principles. Must be able to recognize and determine the most efficient method for diagnosing, testing, and correcting malfunctions and the skill level to make repairs on a variety of HVAC systems.
- Ability to clean and / or replace filters within the various HVAC equipment in accordance with the approved PM schedule and OEM O&M manuals.
- Must be able to use required personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety protocol as required.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license with suitable driving record (must provide current driving record).
- EPA certified per section 608 of the Clean Air Act and hold no less than a Universal level CFC certification (will be required to carry this certification at all times)
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle from one job site to another during work hours only and as required by job assignment unless otherwise authorized by supervisor.
- Must meet and continue to meet throughout the duration of employment Government background screening standards and credentialing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass drug screening and background check.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Must be EPA certified per section 608 of the Clean Air Act and hold no less than a Universal level CFC certification (will be required to carry this certification at all times).
- Technical, vocational or trade school graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Background in Building Maintenance preferred.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law.