CA, CO, GA, HI, MA, NC, NY, OH, OR, PA, VA, WA, or WI
Annual Reviews (AR) is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. Our top-ranked journals and highly cited reviews—written by some of the world’s foremost experts in their fields—promote innovation among researchers and advance scientific awareness among journalists, policy makers, business professionals, and others with an interest in the societal impact of research.
We are currently seeking a part-time HR Intern who can regularly work 20-25 hours per week and who resides in CA, CO, GA, HI, MA, NC, NY, OH, OR, PA, VA, WA, or WI. The hours are flexible anytime between 7AM – 6PM PST. This temporary position is anticipated to last between 3-6 months. It is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, early career professional with excellent communication skills to gain HR and recruiting experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the recruiting/talent management process including posting jobs, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting employment verifications and providing support to the new hire onboarding process while providing an exceptional candidate experience
- Responding to employee and manager inquiries and providing exceptional customer service
- Assisting with DEI and Affirmative Action outreach and efforts
- Supporting efforts to plan an all employee event
- Assisting with implementing strategies to continually engage remote employees
- Reviewing employees’ benefit program reimbursement forms for accuracy and required documentation
- Maintaining HR records
- Providing general HR administrative support
- Handling all employee inquiries and issues with diplomacy and tact and managing sensitive and confidential information
- Assisting with special projects and reporting as needed
Qualified candidates must have:
- 1+ years administrative support or customer service experience along with current enrollment as a junior or senior in a 4-year degree program in Human Resources, Business, Communications or Organizational Psychology or a recent graduate with a degree in these programs; Candidates with A.A. degrees in these areas and 2+ years of experience in progressively responsible administrative or customer service roles will also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic “can-do” attitude with excellent customer service skills and the ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle sensitive situations with discretion and tact
- Ability to work well independently, demonstrate initiative and exhibit sound judgment
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to use close vision and hands/fingers to work on a computer keyboard for 4-5 hours per day
Preferred Qualifications include:
- 2+ years administrative support or customer service experience in positions demonstrating an increase in responsibilities
- Prior HR internship or work experience
- Volunteer work experience
- Prior HR or applicant tracking database experience and advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
We offer competitive salaries and the following benefits for eligible Temporary Part-Time employees regularly working 20+ hours per week: pro-rated sick leave, bereavement leave and jury duty time off benefits and eligibility to participate in our 403(b) retirement plan.
The starting salary range for Colorado candidates only in this role will be $16.40 to $19.68/hour. Actual compensation will be determined by several factors including but not limited to: level of experience, skills, and specific home office location.
Annual Reviews values the health and welfare of our staff members and their families. While all employees work primarily from their home office location, employees who may be required to come into our San Mateo, CA office periodically or travel elsewhere for business reasons must provide proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 on their first day of employment. If you wish to request an accommodation due to a disability or a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates the vaccination or you object to being vaccinated on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices, please contact HR at email@example.com. Annual Reviews will engage in the interactive process to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided.
Annual Reviews is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age (40 and above), military status, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact the Director of Human Resources at 650-493-4400 x 679 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this phone number or email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click on each of the following: (1) EEO is the Law Poster, (2) EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, (3) Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, and (4) AR EEO/AA Statement.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this role and why your knowledge, skills and/or experience would enable you to succeed in this position via this link to our careers page:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Annual Reviews will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.