The Nothing Bundt Cakes (NbC) Guest Service Representative creates a warm, welcoming environment for our guests, offers creative solutions for unique celebratory occasions and sells our delicious cakes. The Guest Service Representative is the first point of brand contact in our bakery and serves in an essential role to engage and bring joy to our guests, create a memorable experience and leave a positive, lasting impression. The Guest Service Representative embodies NbC core values and demonstrates a strong commitment to guest satisfaction as well as excellence and efficiency in the workplace.
- Promptly greets walk-in and phone guests with genuine warmth and helpful enthusiasm to determine interests and needs, and follows NbC Sweet Steps of Service to create a superior guest experience.
- Maintains strong product knowledge to educate guests on NbC cake distinction, size and flavor profile options, pricing, special promotions, and complimentary retail merchandise.
- Suggests additional merchandise, including balloons, candles, and cards, to complete a unique celebration.
- Processes guest orders efficiently and accurately utilizing the point-of-sale system and invite guests to join NbC Email Club to benefit from special promotions and remain connected.
- Upholds a clean and organized bakery presentation, which may include routine sweeping/mopping of the floor, and dusting/cleaning of countertops, windows, and other surfaces.
- Replenishes retail merchandise and cake display case to ensure a strong visual presentation.
- Assists the Crafter in preparing cake decorations and packaging supplies as needed.
- Complies with all health and safety guidelines and NbC policies and procedures, including strict adherence to dress code and personal hygiene.
- Maintains a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
Core Values and Competencies:
- Servant’s Heart
- Goes above and beyond to support the team or guest, and is reliable, trustworthy and responsive.
- Keeps the good of the team or guest ahead of personal interests or gain.
- Displays humility and empathy in interactions with others.
- Spirit of a Champion
- Demonstrates pride in responsibilities, an intense drive and a passion to succeed.
- Takes initiative and 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency and adheres to NbC brand standards.
- Genuine Connections
- Projects warmth, enthusiasm, and optimism that attracts others.
- Builds positive, productive relationships with all team members.
- Listens actively and communicates openly, clearly and respectfully.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exhibits high energy and strong interpersonal skills; is friendly, helpful, positive, patient, socially confident and communicative.
- Enjoys interacting with diverse people and excels at providing a superior guest experience.
- Can perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
- Is diligent, organized and self-motivated.
- Has the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Is comfortable with new technology and has the ability to operate a point-of-sale system.
- Understands basic arithmetic; can perform calculations when needed and provide monetary change using U.S. currency.
- Has the capacity to stand for extended periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
- While no formal education or work experience is required, previous guest service experience at a bakery, restaurant or retail store is a plus.
Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, based on changing business demands.