Bio-Rad is looking for a Group Leader, R&D (New Product Development). In this exciting role, you will lead a technical group in the development of novel in-vitro diagnostic assay products for automated instrument platforms, including the BioPlex 2200.
- Advance the design and development of cutting-edge in-vitro diagnostic assays that improve healthcare.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with project teams and external thought leaders in the execution of product development and support activities.
- Develop robust scalable products and processes and transfer to a manufacturing environment.
- Report to management on the progress of new product development projects and activities.
- Collaborate with the global R&D group in leveraging technological advances to maintain state-of-the art new product development capabilities.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets.
- PhD in a biological or physical science.
- Minimum of 6 years of postdoctoral industrial experience required in immunoassay development, protein chemistry, antibody development and characterization.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and nucleic acid assays is preferred.
- Direct experience with the entire product development lifecycle from concept to post-launch support.
- Strong instrumentation background, preferably with automated platforms.
- Demonstrated track record of technical leadership of complex projects and in transferring new products to a manufacturing environment.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the in-vitro diagnostics industry preferred.
- Laboratory automation experience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to co-ordinate work effort across a diverse and cross-functional team.
- Fluent in protein chemistry techniques including purification, modification, and characterization.
- Fluent in immunoassay and immunochemistry techniques including traditional and recombinant antibody development, screening and characterization.
- Fluent in the use of molecular biology techniques including cloning and protein expression. Experience in the development of molecular assays desirable.
- Experience with biomarker discovery and characterization.
- Experience with multiplex technologies including bead-based assay development desirable.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills, including the use of statistical and bioinformatics techniques, root cause analysis, and designed experiments (DOE).
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-AK1