The Golf Equipment Operator is responsible for performing work involved in golf course maintenance, including, but not limited to semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work, operation of small hand-powered equipment, and work involving large equipment such as tractors, trenchers, backhoes, trucks, mowers, loaders, and other maintenance equipment.
- Operates mowers for mowing greens, aprons, tees, fairways, roughs, natives and operates string trimmers for trimming around trees, fence lines, banks, and hillsides; edges cart paths; edges, rakes, and maintains bunkers.
- Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily; maintains ball washers; replaces tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris from tees; and sands and seeds tee divots.
- Waters and fertilizes tees, greens, fairways, and roughs under the direct supervision of a certified applicator.
- Sprays chemical under the direct supervision of a certified applicator.
- Helps in project work; lays sod, seeds tees, greens, and fairways.
- Develop, nurture, and sustain collaborative working relationships with all management and staff.
- Works with mechanics to continue to improve maintenance schedules and systems.
- Ensures all equipment systems are working properly before using equipment in the field.
- Refills fuel and oil daily of machines used.
- Cleans equipment daily and reports problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Provides basic preventative maintenance on equipment as directed by the Equipment Manager.
- Work with mechanics to continue to improve maintenance schedules and systems.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS:
- General understanding of the game of golf.
- A positive attitude, who thrives on challenges, leads by example and readily adapts in a competitive environment.
- Spanish speaking is a plus but is not required.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Must be able to operate under deadlines and sometimes a high degree of pressure.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Full-time positions offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401K, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs), Paid Time Off (PTO), and paid holidays.
To Apply: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/WEN1003WFE/JobBoard/56f1c0fc-ab6b-4957-b4cc-cbfd4b55d19f/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d07a94ec-6cae-476d-b6f7-0084192f9f8d